Sunday, March 03, 2013

Tis a Gift to Be Free

If you haven't found and watched "A Place at the Table," find it and watch it. If you've seen it, agitate a loved one to watch it. Is it realistic to talk about fundamental change regarding food policy in the US during the sequestration? I'll let the writer/producer sum it up:


"We are at a moment of sequestration, a moment where people are thinking in terms of austerity, but the truth is if you're worried about budgets, then you really want to see this problem fixed. Because we are spending many, many multiples of what it would cost to fix this problem on the cost of NOT fixing it."


http://www.takepart.com/place-at-the-table

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Moran said...

Saw the producers on The Daily Show, very impressive.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Robin Raven said...

Thanks for sharing that. I spent time perusing the site, and I am going to watch it this week.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Mark Moran said...

So what am I, chopped liver? No one wants to talk about hunger in America? Edward R. Murrow and "Harvest of Shame"? I'm dating myself, but I'm talking, and so is Quinn ... We all have "A Place at the Table" until it's out of our reach.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home