Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Won't Grow Up, I Will Never Even Try

Planning tomorrow's schedule, I realized I needed to cancel Daughter's Friday math tutoring. I stopped what I was doing, found the tutor's number, called her and cancelled. I then basked for at least two minutes in a completely unwarranted sense of accomplishment.

"Look at me, remembering to cancel an appointment! Putting together how she'd be out until at least 5:30, thereby rendering a 5:30 tutoring session unworkable, and cancelling with more than 24 hours notice! Guess the grown-ups are in charge now!"

Bask, bask, bask. Inner Cabbage Patch dance. Willful ignoring that I just ate some leftover Halloween (possibly 2011) Smarties I found in a drawer. Because there's nothing more adult than denial.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark Moran said...

Smarties! Love them to this day. And don't worry: They don't get stale because they were never fresh.

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Lehua said...

Totally baskworthy! Lots to juggle and coordinate with a family in 2013. My daughter wishes my Cabbage Patch dance was "Inner." :)

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Ubermunch said...

Careful: really old Smarties have a mild hallucinogenic effect... especially when mixed with ancient candy corn.

7:20 PM  
Blogger StevenIre said...

Bask, bask, bask, parallels the Trisagion: “Holy, Holy, Holy” sung by the seraphim in the book of Isaiah the prophet who cover their eyes with one pair of wings and cover their feet with another and with a third fly. So they don’t do a Cabbage Patch dance but a sort of locked-in Macarena. I hope I am not describing it disrespectfully.

11:22 PM  
Anonymous ellend said...

All I know is that I need a blog so I can celebrate this kind of stuff in my life. Way to inspire me, Quinn!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home